Hey, you! Yes, YOU!
Do you like games of chance, Darn Good Food, or the chance to earn fame and renown?
Well, you should mark your calendar for April 23rd for Stone Dog Inn XII: Russian Into Fun!
Why? Because we’re bringing a little piece of Mother Russia to the Midrealm, and it promises to be an event NOT to be missed!
(Shameless plug because I’m cooking Feast and I REALLY want y’all to come and enjoy some not-so-strange Russian food (you remember that amazing-looking chicken I made a couple months ago, right?), plus this is one of the SCA events I’m always at because it’s just plain fun.)
Here’s the deets:
When: Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 @ 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Where: St. Stephen Lutheran Church, 14700 Kildare Ave, Midlothian, IL 60445
Site Fee: $5 for 13 years and older
$2 for ages 4-12
Ages 3 and under free
($5 nonmember surcharge will apply)
Lunch Tavern: $5 suggested donation
Feast: $10 suggested donation
And, because I’m the Head Cook, here’s a sneak peek of the tentative menu for the Feast:
On the Table
- Chernyy khleb (Black Bread) – A dark rye bread that was a staple of Russian cuisine.
- Drachona – A light, toasty egg-based bread often served in Russia.
- Plain Butter
- Honey Butter
- Cream Cheese spread with herbs
- Kompot – Drink made by steeping dried fruit in water and sweetening slightly. Ours is made with dried apples and cranberries.
Salad (1st) Course
Mixed Green Salad
- Mixed salad with crumbled Goat’s Milk Cheese, Candied Walnuts (on table), Chopped Gala Apples, and Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Main (2nd) Course
Russian Roasted Chicken
- Succulent chicken thighs brined in a base of Russian Lager and period herbs.
Herbed Pork Loin
- Traditional Russian buckwheat side dish flavored with garlic and mushrooms.
Dessert (3rd) Course
- Russian Honey Cookies
- Mini Russian-style cheesecakes served with your choice of Berry or Spiced Cherry Sauce